Pork & Green Chile Burritos
- 3 pounds lean pork butt
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 large onion -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 large green bell peppers -- chopped
- 1 can California Green chiles 7 oz
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Trim and discard excess fat; cut in 1 inch cubes.
- In 12 inch frying pan, heat salad oil over medium-high heat; add meat and lightly brown.
- Push to sides of pan and add onion, garlic and green peppers; saute until limp.
- Stir in green chiles, oregano, cumin, salt, cilantro, wine vinegar and water; cover and simmer until meat is tender approx 1 hour. Skim off fat and discard.