Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes - Crock Pot Method
- 5 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 32 oz carton College Inn Chicken Broth
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup milk or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Place the cut potatoes into the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot.
- Dot the potatoes with 1 stick of cubed butter.
- Pour chicken broth on top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours. Potatoes are ready when fork tender.
- Carefully drain the excess broth from the cooked potatoes. Place back into the crock pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth (or leave a little lumpy if that is your preference). Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in remaining stick of cubed butter, cream cheese and milk. Mash together until combined. Add more milk if needed until it gets to a consistency you prefer.
- Cover and keep potatoes on the warm setting until ready to serve.