Rosemary Lamb Chops With Cranberry, Red Wine Reduction
When it comes to special dinners, nothing beats lamb chops. They’re just so wonderfully versatile, make for some amazing presentation possibilities…Print Pin Rate
- 8 lamb chops fat trimmed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1¼ cups dry red wine divided
- 1½ tsp fresh rosemary minced, plus sprigs for garnish
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp butter
- In small bowl, rehydrate cranberries in 1/2 cup red wine and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper
- Add the oil to the skillet. Once hot, add chops to the pan and cook approx. 4 minutes
- Turn chops over and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Remove chops from the skillet and set aside in a warm place (oven set at 200 or lower is perfect for this)
- Pour off all but 2 tsp of fat from the skillet. Add shallot and cook until transparent. Add garlic and cook for another minute or until it becomes very fragrant. (Love this smell!!)
- Add the remaining wine and rosemary stirring up all the yummy brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer over high heat until it gets syrupy - about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer until it's reduced by at least half (depending on how thick you like your sauce. I probably reduce by 2/3's)
- Remove from the heat and stir in butter.
- You can get fancy and do a swoosh with the sauce and put 2 chops on top or just put the sauce on top of the chops.
- Garnish with a small sprig of rosemary and voila! Perfection!!!
Calories: 3225kcal | Carbohydrates: 119g | Protein: 339g | Fat: 126g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Cholesterol: 1034mg | Sodium: 994mg | Potassium: 4543mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 83g | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 31mg